Energy Star Qualified New Homes
We are proud to provide rating services to qualify new homes for the ENERGY STAR® label. ENERGY STAR qualified new homes are substantially more energy efficient than homes built to the minimum code requirements. Even in states with more rigorous energy codes, the U.S. EPA ensures that ENERGY STAR remains the symbol for truly energy-efficient performance. These homes are good for businesses, consumers, and the environment
The US EPA sets strict energy efficiency guidelines that must be met for a home to earn Energy Star. These homes are at least 15% more energy efficient than homes built to the 2004 International Residential Code and typically include upgraded features that make them even more energy efficient. Any home that is three stories or less can earn the Energy Star label if it has been verified to meet EPA's guidelines.
What types of energy efficient improvements do Energy Star homes have that improve home quality and homeowner comfort?
- Efficient Heating and Cooling Systems with proper design and installation.
- Efficient Water Heating Systems.
- Tightly sealed duct work strategically located.
- Reduced Air Infiltration.
- Fresh Air Mechanical Ventilation.
- Efficient Lighting and Energy Star Appliances.
- High performance windows with equally distributed orientation.
- Effective Insulation Systems.
- Third-Party Verification by an independent Home Energy Rater.
Simple Steps to Building an Energy Star Qualified Home with Peak Energy.
Choose a builder that is an Energy Star partner. We can find participating builder partners in your area if you do not already have one.Submit plans to Peak Energy for review and analysis. Your Peak Energy RESNET certified HERS rater will perform an energy analysis and provide a projected pre-construction HERS index of your home. Proceed with construction with the energy-efficient features selected. Throughout the construction process, your Peak Energy Rater will perform inspections and tests to ensure proper performance of the home. Your Peak Energy Rater will complete a final inspection and issue the builder an energy star label for the home. The HERS Index score for the home will be included in our final rating report.
Reasons to Buy or Build an Energy Star Qualified Home:
- Added confidence in knowing your home meets strict energy efficiency guidelines.
- Enhanced ventilation and tight construction improve indoor air quality.
- When the time comes to sell, you will have an increasingly valued feature.
- Lower ownership cost due to lower utility bills and reduced maintenance.
- An energy efficient home is more comfortable and healthier to live in.
- Energy Star homes produce less air pollution than standard homes.
- Energy Star homes qualify for energy efficient mortgages.